Hispanomaya Language Academy SEEKS NEW COORDINATOR

General discussion about volunteer opportunities in Guatemala with a focus on Xela.
Kate in Canada

Seeking People Who Have Worked at Hispanomaya in Todos Santo

Post by Kate in Canada » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:46 pm

I would like to hear from some former coor-dinator's about their experiences working with this organization as I am considering volunteering here in the future.

Please share the good, the bad, and the ugly. ;-)

Thanks ahead of time,

K
Jesus es amor

bdbarnett1

Re: Seeking People Who Have Worked at Hispanomaya in Todos S

Post by bdbarnett1 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:28 am

Kate in Canada wrote:I would like to hear from some former coor-dinator's about their experiences working with this organization as I am considering volunteering here in the future.

Please share the good, the bad, and the ugly. ;-)

Thanks ahead of time,

K
Hope this isn't too late for you, but I took Mam lessons here in 2007. It was a nice school and I was satisfied with the experience, but I feel like this school could benefit from someone who will put some thought into making it a better place and expanding its revenue. I think you could work with the teachers there to put some basic Mam lessons online to download from Itunes or similar place for a minimal cost. The students could download the lesson in Word format and the mp3.

Just one idea I had. :) I know it's a volunteer position, but I think if someone's going to take up the spot, they should do a good job. And who knows? Get enough revenue coming in, it might actually turn into a paid position!