English teacher needed in Quiché. No experience required.

General discussion about volunteer opportunities in Guatemala with a focus on Xela.
thompcha

English teacher needed in Quiché. No experience required.

Post by thompcha » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:18 pm

Hello

I'm presently working for Enlace Quiché in Santa Cruz Del Quiché. I'm in somewhat of dire straights. My hosts here at Enlace Quiché had arranged for two girls to teach English here for six months.

However, the girls decided to return to the United States two days after arriving in Quiché. They didn't even tell anyone they were going to leave. This means that I and another volunteer must do all of their work in addition to our own.

If you're interested in filling their positions or know someone who might be or if you have any questions please contact me at charliet [ at] gmail [d0t ] com

Thanks
C

thompcha

Post by thompcha » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:36 pm

***Update***

Our condition has presently stabilized. However, Enlace Quiche is always auditing new potential volunteers. Please feel free to get in touch.

belizegurl00

english teachers

Post by belizegurl00 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:51 am

hi enlace, i see that the teaching situation has stabelized however i would still like to inquire on whether you guys see a need for more teachers or other positions in the coming year.

i am presently in college but due to uncontrollable circumstances will not be able to return for the january semester. for this reason i am thinking of returning to guatemala where i have dabbled in some teaching in xela.

i saw your post and would like the opportunity to become a apart of your team and help out in santa cruz. perhaps you can email me more info and we can go from there, it would be awesome to be there and of course it gives me something positive to do with my semester off :)
live love laugh