English teachers needed

General discussion about volunteer opportunities in Guatemala with a focus on Xela.
mccallumeng

English teachers needed

Post by mccallumeng » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Hello everybody!
If you're staying in Xela for 6 weeks or more, if English is your first language or you're fluent in it, we have an offer for you. You can teach English in McCallum English school or do the interchange with classes of Spanish. We have the most central location and nice work environment))). All materials are supplied and training given. Call us 77658380 or come visit in Pasaje Enriquez (12 ave 4-32, Zona 1, Parque Central, 2nd floor) or e-mail us mccallumenglish@gmail.com

guest2

Re: English teachers needed

Post by guest2 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:03 pm

This seems too good to be true. Does anyone know if it is a scam?

guest3

Post by guest3 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:23 pm

1) it's quite far from being too good to be true. Do the math... can you earn more than $25 a week elsewhere?
2) that said,it's unlikely that this is a scam. Macallum is a moderately well-established school.
Last edited by guest3 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderlust

Post by Wanderlust » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:13 pm

SOUNDS AMAZING. I AM PRESENTLY IN SAN PEDRO LA LAGUNA, SOLOLA AND WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO RETURN TO XELA. ITS BEEN YEARS SINCE I WAS THERE, WHERE I AHD TO OPPORTUNITY TO TEACH ENGLISH AS WELL AT BEST ENGLISH SCHOOL. HOWEVER I WAS UNABLE TO STAY MORE THAN 2 WEEKS. I AM PLANNING TO COME TO XELA NEAR THE END OF THE MONTH AND WISH TO MEET WITH YOUR ORGANIZATION AND HOPEFULLY GET A TEACHING SPOT WITH YOU. KINDLY LET ME KNOW IF THIS COULD BE ARRANGED?! I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO STAY IN XELA AND WITH A JOB THAT WOULD BE ALL THE MORE POSSIBLE..

CHEERS
B.VANSEN

guest1

Post by guest1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:26 pm

If you hire me, would you be able to pay my air fare from Chicago?